Essential New Instagram Update & How to Link Bio Hashtags Step by Step Guide
As of December 2017, Instagram has a total of 800 million users. This is a huge market, which you can target to grow your business, and we are going to share the secret on how you can do this.
Firstly, UPDATE YOUR BIO. The newest Instagram update which rolled out across all accounts
What were the changes?
This March, Instagram applied a change to its app, which according to their own blog is;
‘A new way to express yourself and the things you care about. Now when you include a # or @ in your bio, they become live links that lead to a hashtag page or another profile.’
This is a key change for anyone using Instagram to market a service or product.
Why it matters?
50% of Instagram users, use social media to
The Secret to Success? Create your own hashtag community.
So…How do you add Hashtags to your bio?
- Head over to your Instagram app.
- Get on the edit profile button.
- Start typing in the hashtags that you want to link. (Your hashtags MUST directly link to your brand, if you are a clothing company then HASHTAGS such as #fashiondaily, #stylediary, and #fashionpost are examples of relevant hashtags you could link to.)
- Select the most relevant hashtags and save settings.
- When people go to your page, they can click on those hashtags now linked in your bio